Any use of this website or the information contained in the website is at your own risk. Virginia Brain and Spine Center, Inc. will not be responsible for the consequences of your decision to utilize the information contained in this website.
The medical information provided in this site is for educational purposes only, it is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always consult your physician or healthcare provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Virginia Brain and Spine Center, Inc. is committed to the right to privacy for our patients and web site visitors. When a person visits our web site we may collect and track data from our site's server. This information helps us to improve upon the content provided on our site. Information collected may include how long you spend on our site, the pages you visit, your browser and operating system types and the name of your internet service provider.
Our web site provides the capability to request information on-line. To process your request, we may require that you provide us with personal identifying information. All information collected is held in complete confidence. It is our policy not to share the information with third parties for any reason, unless legally required to do so or as necessary to process your requests.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website:
Security Method of Transmission
We use state-of-the-art technology to encrypt your information before it is sent. This sophisticated system scrambles your data as it travels from your computer to our website; making is useless to anyone but Virginia Brain and Spine Center, Inc.
1. No Doctor/Patient Relationship And No Medical Advice Or Opinion. VBSC provides the Content for general informational and educational purposes only. No doctor/patient relationship is created between you and VBSC or any of VBSC’s providers when you use, access or view the Content. In so doing, you agree that the Content does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or other medical opinion of any kind. Because medical issues experienced by you or anyone you know are necessarily unique, you agree to seek personalized, issue-specific medical advice from a qualified physician of your choice, and you agree that nothing in the Content is to be used as a substitute for such advice.
2. VBSC’s Content May Not Be Complete As Of Any Particular Time. VBSC may amend, change and update the Content on a regular basis. While VBSC strives to keep the Content current, due to the ever-evolving nature of medical science and techniques, and the difficulty associated with condensing complex topics into web-friendly material, VBSC in no way warrants or represents that the Content is complete, correct and/or up-to-date as of any particular time. Further, any information shared in or through the Content may not necessarily represent the current views of VBSC or its providers, it may not reflect the most current medical developments, and it may not represent a complete or comprehensive discussion or treatment of all known data or information relating to any particular topic.
3. Ownership of Content. All Content is owned and/or licensed to Virginia Brain and Spine Center, Inc. and is subject to protection under law, including but not limited to the federal Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §101 et seq.), the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. §1051 et seq.) and other applicable laws.
4. Intellectual Property Notice.
a. Any use, copying, publication or dissemination of any of the Content is strictly prohibited unless you have obtained prior written permission from VBSC. You may, however, print, copy or download Content for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes only. In such a case, you may not modify any Content and you must maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in the Content. If you share any permissibly obtained Content with third parties, you must include the following notice on the Content: “© Copyright 2018 Virginia Brain and Spine Center, Inc. All rights reserved.”
c. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512, VBSC will receive notification of claimed copyright infringement, in writing, and may forward notice of infringement and other related materials to any person who is alleged to have violated applicable laws. Any person who believes his or her work is being used improperly should send VBSC a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit VBSC to locate the material on the Blog; (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit VBSC to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. Please provide notice of the foregoing to the following:
Virginia Brain and Spine Center, Inc.
1818 Amherst Street
Winchester, VA 22601
5. Permissions And Contacts. To obtain permission to copy portions of the Content, please send a written request to the copyright agent identified above. VBSC reserves the right to deny or limit permission in its sole discretion. You agree that email notice to VBSC is not sufficient notice for any purpose under any state, local or federal law unless VBSC has previously agreed, in writing, that such notice is acceptable to it with respect to a particular transaction, contract or agreement.
6. Protected Marks. "VBSC" and “Virginia Brain and Spine Center” and other related marks are service marks of Virginia Brain and Spine Center, Inc. and are protected by law. Fair use of the service marks requires proper acknowledgment. Otherwise, VBSC’s marks may only be used with permission. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
7. Links To Other Websites Or Web-Based Content Other Than VBSC’s Content. Links to other websites or web-based content other than VBSC’s Content may be contained within VBSC’s Content and may direct you outside of VBSC’s Content. VBSC has no control over such linked, web-based content, and VBSC is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, approve of and/or sanction it. If you access non-VBSC content, you do so at your own risk.
8. Prohibited Actions. Unauthorized access to the Content, including any attempt to disrupt or alter it, may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under applicable laws (among other legal consequences). You may not use VBSC’s Content for any improper, illegal or unauthorized purpose, including but not limited to any activity that infringes on any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights of any third party or that defames or disparages any other person or entity, in VBSC’s sole judgment.
10. Disclaimer; Limitation of Damages.
(a) VBSC expressly disclaims all liability for any virus, corruption of data or other contamination of your computer, computer operating system or other device used to access the Content. VBSC expressly disclaims all liability for acts or omissions related to the Content. The Content is provided "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VSI MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE CONTENT WILL BE CONTINUOUS, WITHOUT ERRORS OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE.
(b) USE OF CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE CONTENT.
VIRGINIA BRAIN & SPINE CENTER